Celebrate the African American Read-In
The National African American Read-In is the nation’s first and oldest event dedicated to diversity in literature. Learn more about the Read-In and find resources to help you host your own event.Learn More
Join us for Advocacy and Leadership Summit
April 8-9, 2019
This members-only event includes workshops, featured speakers, visits to legislative offices, and other learning opportunities focused on teacher impact on education policy.
A limited number of small travel stipends are available. Apply by February 15, 2019.Learn More
#NCTEchat is a fast-paced monthly Twitter chat where incredible ideas fly and solid advice comes in 280-character snippets. Join the conversation!
- February #NCTEchat: Sunday, February 17, 8:00 p.m. EST
- Building Boundless Classrooms
- Hosts: @klrembert and @DR_DoriH of the Committee Against Racism and Bias in the Teaching of English (#CARBTE)
- March #NCTEchat: Sunday, March 10, 8:00 p.m. EST
- Equity, Literacy, and Technology
- Host: @detramichelle
NCTE Annual Convention
November 21-24, 2019
The NCTE Annual Convention is an opportunity to find new teaching allies, new connections with luminaries and authors, and enough new books to fill entire shelves in classroom libraries. Join us in November as Baltimore welcomes more than 7,000 authors, advocates, and literacy educators from across the country.