The Virginia Association of School Superintendents (VASS) released a new blueprint for the future of public education. The blueprint represented months of research and discussion about what they’re doing right and wrong and what made the most sense in educating and preparing students for the future.
Here are some of the VASS recommendations:
- Develop standards defining what’s being learned and how to apply it.
- Revise curriculum so that it develops understanding and cognitive skills.
- Find alternative ways for students to accrue credits outside s-o-l testing.
- Plan initiatives to assess and address each student’s reading and math ability.
- Vary learning time and how to teach kids based on their learningdifferences.
- Expand pre-k for all children.