To Become a Member of a Collaborative
NCTE members may join any collaborative at no cost. Click on one of the links above to go to the collaborative page within the NCTE Connected Community. You will need to be an NCTE member and log-in to join the group.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the chair(s) of the group you are interested in.
How to Start a Collaborative
To become established, a group should submit to the NCTE Executive for approval, a proposal containing the following information:
- a description of their area of shared inquiry;
- a method of selecting a leader; and
- provide a 3- to 4- sentence description about the goal/work of the group.
Once approved by the NCTE Executive Committee, the group will be given:
- a virtual space to hold conversations, exchange files and videos, and otherwise pursue their work together on the NCTE Connected Community;
- a space to meet at the NCTE Annual Convention; and
a slot for round-table meetings with other Collaboratives, to facilitate sharing and the creation of new opportunities for learning and action.
To maintain status as a recognized collaborative, the group must select a new leader every three years.