Fellows are selected through a competitive application process. Applications are solicited at the beginning of each year with notifications in the spring.
Individuals should meet the following criteria:
- hold current membership in NCTE and
- serve as a current English leader (e.g., team leader, department chair, lead teacher, literacy coach,curriculum coordinator for English/language arts) at the K-university level who has been working in a new leadership position for 1-3 years.
Applications should include:
- A letter of interest (300 word maximum) providing an overview of:
- your new setting and the challenges you face in your new position;
- particular needs you have identified or particular areas of concern or interest;
- ways in which you feel this program will benefit you in your role as a literacy leader.
- A professional letter or recommendation
- A letter of support from your employer ensuring your availability to secure leave for the CEL Annual Convention.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019