NCTE members come from many different contexts. Joining one of these groups provides access to resources and experiences tailored to particular interests and needs.
Resources for Affiliates
Affiliate / Assembly Lending Library
- Looking to change your journal format?
- Putting together an information notebook for board members?
- Trying to revise your constitution?
- Developing a conference planner’s handbook?
- Thinking about applying for one of the affiliate awards programs?
No need to reinvent the wheel, samples of all these and more are available on one-month loan from the Affiliate Office at NCTE. Simply choose only one resource per affiliate or assembly per month, complete and mail the Request Form.
Are you planning your affiliate’s conference program? The conference planning area is designed to bring a wealth of information direct to your desktop. Request a speaker through NCTE’s Cosponsored Speaker Program for NCTE affiliates and TYCA regional groups.
NCTE Affiliate Exhibit Kits
One service NCTE provides to its affiliates is a sampling of publications to display at affiliate conferences. An NCTE exhibit at your conference enables your members to see for themselves the sorts of publications NCTE has to offer. Those who are interested in joining NCTE will be able to pick up an NCTE membership application right at the exhibit.
- The Affiliate Exhibit Kit is sent at no cost to affiliates and contains complimentary items such as catalogs, membership applications, and journals. Affiliate Exhibit Kits should be ordered at least six weeks before your conference.
- The NCTE Publication Sales Option allows affiliates to order an unlimited number of NCTE publications and gift items at a 40% discount from the nonmember price and keep any profit earned from exhibit sales. Orders plus an additional shipping charge must be prepaid. If express shipping is requested, affiliates will be invoiced for the actual cost of that shipping. This option also comes with the materials found in the Affiliate Exhibit kit mentioned above. Orders for NCTE Publication Sales Option must be made at least six weeks before the conference.
A list or set of labels are available for use in recruiting new affiliate members or announcing meetings.
- SCOA Monthly Newsletter
- NCTE INBOX–online newsletter for news, view and ideas you can use
Resources for Editors
Information and resources about 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status through NCTE.