What will the Advocacy and Leadership Summit be like?
This event is FREE to all NCTE members and includes:
- One-and-a-half days of workshops, featured speakers, and other learning opportunities focused on teacher impact on education policy
- Visits to legislative offices on Capitol Hill
- The opportunity to network with members from across the country
- Complimentary dinner, breakfast, and lunch
- A personalized certificate of participation
Participants are responsible for securing their own lodging and transportation to and from the summit.
Monday, April 8
2:00 p.m. Welcome and Overview
2:30–5:00 p.m. Learning Sessions
5:30–7:00 p.m. Dinner and Keynote Address
Tuesday, April 9
9:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. Breakfast and Logistics from NCTE
10:00–11:30 a.m. Hill Visits
12 p.m.–1:30 p.m. Lunch and Briefing
2:00 p.m.–3:30 Guided tours of the Capitol / Hill Visits
RESOURCES FOR ATTENDEES
2018 Policy Recommendations for the 115th Congress (New Recommendations Coming in Early 2019)
Instructional Videos from 2018 (Updated videos coming soon.)
Advocacy Day 2018 Recap
Take a peek at what last year’s event entailed. We look forward to more great experiences this year!