Current Elections and Nominations for 2020
The deadline for submitting nominations, by email or mail, for the 2020 elections has passed.
Nominations will now be accepted at the NCTE Annual Convention in Baltimore during the following times:
- Annual Business/Board of Directors Meeting
- Friday, November 22, 2019, 5:00 pm — 6:30 pm, Convention Center, Ballroom II
- Nominating Committee Meetings — OPEN
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:00 pm — 1:00 pm, Hilton/Peale Room ABC
- Sunday, November 24, 2019, 9:00 am — 10:00 am, Hilton/Peale Room ABC
Final candidates will be announced in February 2020.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the nomination process or need further information, please contact Linda Walters-Moore at NCTE Headquarters
Meet an NCTE Leader
Franki Sibberson, NCTE President
Franki Sibberson, NCTE President, is a fifth-grade teacher in Dublin, Ohio, where she supports her students and the nation’s thinking from her 30 years experience in teaching elementary students. Sibberson is a universally beloved thought leader in literacy, with specific focus on student-driven reading choices and literacy in the digital age. She has co-authored numerous publications and books including Digital Reading: What’s Essential? (NCTE). She is also a frequent contributor to Choice Literacy, and her blog with Mary Lee Hahn, A Year of Reading, can be found at readingyear.blogspot.com.