NCTE is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a Coordinator of External Partnerships to join our team. This role supports the Executive Director in developing NCTE’s external alliances tied to sponsorship, exhibit sales, and publisher relations, and supports the Executive Director in growing additional external strategic alliances. The Coordinator of External Partnerships will work collaboratively with NCTE sales partners, events team, and other staff, and will be responsible for contributing to annual financial goals of the organization, as well as maintaining and increasing satisfaction among external funding sources and partners.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Supports the Executive Director in developing NCTE’s external alliances tied to sponsorship, exhibit sales, and publisher relations, and supports the Executive Director in growing additional external strategic alliances. Works collaboratively with NCTE sales partners, events team, and other staff. Contributes to annual financial goals of the organization and responsible for satisfaction among external funding sources and partners.
- With the Executive Director, actively seeks new partnerships and teaming opportunities that align with mission, vision and values while growing non-dues revenue for the association. Assists the Executive Director in pursuing the opportunities via planning and administration of follow-up, ongoing contact, and similar responsibilities.
- Identifies, develops, and negotiates partner agreements that are both beneficial to NCTE and its members and rewarding for the partner.
- Prepares materials and coordinates meetings with external partners and potential partners.
- Fulfills partnership requirements, plans, and projects.
- Acts as liaison with staff and partners to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed client/grantor expectations. Responsible for ensuring that all agreed-upon deliverables are met within budget and timeline.
- Represents NCTE when meeting with outside organizations, industry stakeholders, and other entities looking to partner with and/or enter into business with NCTE.
- Assists in directing sales administrative function including monitoring the submission of sales reports, sales materials, and internal fulfilment workflows and developing, producing and delivering programs and activities.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards partners, including maintaining a database of contacts and a dashboard of activities and goals.
- Lays groundwork for future concentration in securing philanthropic funding by developing online fundraising approach via NCTE.org and other properties and by studying member giving including planned giving, and other readiness aspects to approach philanthropic giving over the long-term.
- Manages projects and staffs volunteer committees upon the request of the Executive Director.
Other duties as assigned by the Office of the Executive Director.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee in the job. This position is expected to evolve over time, as partnerships grow. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required, along with a minimum of two years experience working in sales, philanthropy, public affairs or similar roles. Knowledge of sales, advertising, sponsorship, and business development required.
- Experience in successfully raising revenue and developing strategic partnerships strongly desired.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle an ever-increasing number of programs, partnerships, and opportunities simultaneously.
- Superior listening and creative problem-solving skills are a must.
- Track record of consistently exceeding specified revenue targets.
- Knowledge of digital media/advertising solutions and analytics, including banners ads, e-newsletters, and webinars, programmatic/retargeting capabilities desired.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to travel several times annually.
- Accountability to goals and outcomes a must.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team-player who seeks to further elevate the goals of teammates and the mission of the department
NCTE offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our Distributed Workplace model provides the opportunity for the successful applicant to be located in any geographic location.
To receive consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.