Does the state of education policy today overwhelm you? Does the thought of contacting your congressman or senator intimidate you? In honor of Advocacy Month, join Dr. Cathy Flesicher and members of her teacher advocacy group on Twitter this Sunday at 8 PM ET for #nctechat where our topic will be Everyday Advocacy. We will be discussing the small ways you can advocate for your students and your profession everyday. Don’t forget to check out our new Everyday Advocacy website in preparation for the chat.
Preview the questions we will be discussing throughout the hour-long chat:
- What is one thing you wish the public understood about literacy learning today?
- How could you share your understanding of literacy with a parent or community member?
- How might you draw attention to your students’ great work through social media?
- Where could you find a new ally in your school community?
- How can you advocate in smaller, more local ways than just contacting your senator or tweeting your congressman?
- What is a long term goal you would like to advocate for and what is a small step you can take to help make that happen?