Contribute an artifact to a celebratory collection of teacher creativity.
Please share a photo or piece of your writing that celebrates the arts of language!
This fall NCTE will bring together thousands of educators from across the country and around the world to explore Responsibility, Creativity, and the Arts of Language. Whether you join us in Minneapolis in person or join us virtually through various online outlets, we hope you’ll contribute to the ongoing conversation NCTE President-Elect Doug Hesse began with his call for proposals in 2014:
“The philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein contended, ‘The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.’ At a cultural moment when it’s tempting to make the world defensively smaller, we should yet advocate the ample arts of language.”
We welcome your submissions to a collection of content that will push the limits of how we define the arts of language today.
What to contribute:
- Photos you have taken (and have permission to share) that represent the arts of language either in your own work or that of your students (no student names please).
- Your own writing about the ideas captured in Doug’s call.
- Various digital media that capture the arts of language.
- Other creative examples that you think belong in our collection.
How to contribute:
- Post to NCTE’s instagramaccount @nctegram
- Post to NCTE’s Twitteraccount @ncte with the hashtag #ncte15
- High resolution images, files, and links can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note about Permissions: By sharing content for this project with NCTE, you guarantee that
- You have full permission to share this content
- NCTE has permission to use this content
We’ll share examples of what we gather in all our social media channels and keep a growing collection here.