As you curl up on the sofa over winter break, consider checking out some useful online learning made for educators, by educators on ReadWriteThink.org. The site’s strategy guides define and provide examples of effective literacy teaching and learning and offer a wealth of related resources to help sharpen your instruction. The following 10 were the most-accessed guides in 2014.
- Persuasive Writing (K – Gr. 5)
- Socratic Seminars (Gr. 6 – 12)
- Making Connections (Gr. 3 – 8)
- Using the RAFT Writing Strategy (Gr. 5 – 12)
- Close Reading of Literary Texts (Gr. 6 – 12)
- Implementing the Writing Process (K – Gr. 5)
- Using the Think-Pair-Share Technique (K – Gr. 12)
- Developing Evidence-Based Arguments from Texts (Gr. 6 – 12)
- Using Guided Reading to Develop Student Reading Independence (K – Gr. 12)
- Teacher Read-Aloud That Models Reading for Deep Understanding (K – G r. 12)
Visit the strategy guide section of the ReadWriteThink site for many more options.
As always, if you have feedback or questions about ReadWriteThink, all you have to do is contact us.