You do exceptional things in the classroom every single day. NCTE is here to recognize them.
TYCA Fame Award
No winner was chosen this year.
Send nominations for the TYCA Fame Award based on the criteria below, to:
TYCA Fame Award, Chair
321 E. Chapman Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832
Submit your nomination using the online form
by tweeting an article using #TYCAFame2019.
March 6, 2019
To publicly acknowledge the best positive mention of the two-year college appearing in any media during the previous year. The award will give credit to those reporters, writers, filmmakers and others who seek out and publicize exemplary students, faculty, programs, campuses, and/or recognize the two-year college system.
Nature of the Award:
An announcement of award winner(s) will be made at a convocation of college composition teachers, such as a CCCC general meeting or the TYCA Breakfast.
- The source of the material must be attributable: that is, no rumors or indirect quotes.
- The material must have reached the public since the last Public Image-CCCC meeting.
- The material should report on an exemplary program, student, faculty member or campus that demonstrates the high aspirations and unique position of the two-year college or positively recognizes the state of the two-year college system.
- Nominations can be made to the TYCA Public Image Committee.
- After discussion by members of the Public Image Committee and any others who attend the open meeting at the CCCC Convention, the award(s) will be decided by majority vote of those in attendance.
*At the 2011 CCCC Conference in Atlanta, a motion was brought before the TYCA Executive Committee: That the Public Image Committee focus exclusively on positive images of two-year colleges and the committee revise the name of the Awards to represent this change in mission. The motion carried. It was then brought before the NCTE Executive Committee in July 2011, and was approved to make the change to the “TYCA Fame Award.”